2016 Chicago Half Marathon and 5K
Sunday, September 25, 2016
Jackson Park 5700 S. Lake Shore Drive
(S. Lake Shore Drive & 63rd Street)
Start Times: Chicago Half Marathon: 7am
5K: 7:45 am
|Join Team TEAL and race to Break the Silence on Ovarian Cancer at the Chicago Half Marathon and 5K!|
IMAGINE THE IMPACT . . . .
• ALL women are at risk for ovarian cancer and 1 in 71 will develop the disease in their lifetime.
• Ovarian cancer is the deadliest of all gynecologic cancers.
• Currently NO early detection exists.
• Early detection increases survival rates significantly. Therefore, education about the early symptoms is imperative.
HOW CAN I MAKE AN IMPACT?
• Participate! Join Team TEAL as we take steps to raise awareness of ovarian cancer.
• Spread the Word! Tell everyone why you are running.
• Recruit! Ask friends to join you on the team or join your fundraising efforts.
• FUNdraise! Each step and each dollar raised helps the NOCC fight ovarian cancer.
Imagine the impact that the awareness you raise through your participation will have on the lives of women and their families in Illinois. Early detection saves lives!
This year we have big plans to take a giant step forward in the fight to end ovarian cancer. Please see Research in Action Initiative on the left toolbar.
Five steps to help break the silence on ovarian cancer with Team TEAL:
1. Register for Team TEAL by August 30th.
Team TEAL members receive:
Registration discount for either the Chicago Half Marathon and 5K (Discount code will be emailed to you after step 1 is completed.)
FREE Team TEAL running shirt
Personalized fundraising webpage
Team training opportunities
2. Register for the Half Marathon or 5K race Click here to register! by August 30th. ADD use code: CTNOCC2016 for a $10 discount!
3. Achieve your fundraising goal by September 23rd.
Each team member commits to a fundraising minimum of $300 and a fundraising goal of $500. Collect donations through your personal fundraising page and through Team TEAL fundraising efforts. The fundraising minimum amount is due in your personal fundraising account by Team TEAL Party Day, September 23rd. Working together, team members can reach their goals and help break the silence on ovarian cancer!
4. Attend the Team TEAL Party!
Friday, September 23, 5:00-7:00 pm, Wise Owl, 324 S. Racine, Chicago – Pick up race materials and turn in donations.
5. Wear your Team TEAL shirt during the race! Celebrate the strides you’ve made to fight ovarian cancer!
See Click here for complete race details.
To help with your fundraising efforts, donations may be made online or mailed to:
National Ovarian Cancer Coalition - Illinois Chapter
222 S. Morgan Street, Suite 3E
Chicago, IL 60607
Please make checks payable to NOCC-Illinois and include:
participant’s name, e-mail and mailing address.
For more information, contact the IL Chapter at email@example.com or call 312.226.9410
The National Ovarian Cancer Coalition is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt charitable organization under IRS code.