2014 Chicago Half Marathon and Hyundai Hope On Wheels 5K
Sunday, September 7, 2014
Jackson Park S. Lake Shore Drive & 63rd Street
Start Time Chicago Half Marathon: 7am
Hyundai Hope on Wheels 5K: 7:45 am
|Join Team TEAL and race to Break the Silence on Ovarian Cancer at the Chicago Half Marathon and Hyundai Hope On Wheels 5K!|
IMAGINE THE IMPACT . . . .
• ALL women are at risk for ovarian cancer and 1 in 71 will develop the disease in their lifetime.
• Ovarian cancer is the deadliest of all gynecologic cancers.
• Currently NO early detection exists.
• Early detection increases survival rates significantly. Therefore, education about the early symptoms is imperative.
HOW CAN I MAKE AN IMPACT?
• Participate! Join Team TEAL as we take steps to raise awareness of ovarian cancer.
• Spread the Word! Tell everyone why you are running.
• Recruit! Ask friends to join you on the team or join your fundraising efforts.
• FUNdraise! Each step and each dollar raised helps the NOCC fight ovarian cancer.
Imagine the impact that the awareness you raise through your participation will have on the lives of women and their families in Illinois. Early detection saves lives!
Five steps to help break the silence on ovarian cancer with Team TEAL:
1. Register for Team TEAL by July 15th.
Team TEAL members receive:
Registration discount of $5 for either the Chicago Half Marathon or Hyundai 5K (Discount code will be emailed to you after step 1 is completed.)
FREE Team TEAL running shirt
Personalized fundraising webpage
Team training opportunities
2. Register for the Half Marathon or 5K race at www.ChicagoHalfMarathon.com by August 1st.
3. Achieve your fundraising goal by September 5.
Each team member commits to a fundraising minimum of $250 and a fundraising goal of $500. Please note that your $40 fee paid at the time of registration on our site counts toward your $250 fundraising minimum. Collect donations through your personal fundraising page and through Team TEAL fundraising efforts. The fundraising minimum amount is due in your personal fundraising account by race day, September 5. Working together, team members can reach their goals and help break the silence on ovarian cancer!
4. Attend the Team TEAL Party!
Friday, September 5, 5-7pm, Illinois Chapter Office – Pick up race materials and turn in donations.
5. Wear your Team TEAL shirt during the race! Celebrate the strides you’ve made to fight ovarian cancer!
See www.ChicagoHalfMarathon.com for complete race details.
To help with your fundraising efforts, donations may be made online or mailed to:
National Ovarian Cancer Coalition - Illinois Chapter
222 S. Morgan Street, Suite 3E
Chicago, IL 60607
Please make checks payable to NOCC-Illinois and include:
participant’s name, e-mail and mailing address.
For more information, contact the IL Chapter at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 312.226.9410
The National Ovarian Cancer Coalition is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt charitable organization under IRS code.